Responsible Tourism Partner
Oyster Bay Lodge is situated on a 235 hectare Coastal Reserve, which includes 3.5 kilometer of pristine private coastal beachfront. Oyster Bay Lodge has a picturesque setting of wind-drift dunes, woods, river deltas, lagoons and home to free roaming horses. Therefore, it our responsibility to maintain this natural environment and respect the land and nature’s natural state. With Oyster Bay Lodge being a 4-Star establishment, we feel that it is our responsibility to look after our piece of paradise as a gift from nature.
Actions taken at Oyster Bay Lodge
- Every year Oyster Bay Lodge becomes “greener” by changing geysers into solar geysers and heat pumps.
- Financial, infrastructure and training support of the Kokkerwiet Crèche and Klien Plaas Premier in our neighboring township Umzamowethu.
- Hiring & training of locals to give opportunity of employment at the lodge.
- Separation of glasses, plastics, papers, metals and deliver to a recycling plant.
- Staff stay on site in comfortable accommodation with a communal kitchen, television facilities, men & female have separate bathrooms.
- Staff are trained on a regularly basis on in-service training with aspects of the hospitality industry.
- Staff have use of a clinic that comes every 2 weeks to do check-ups and necessary appointments.
- Conservation and environment is looked after by our men who permanently work on the eradication of Alien Plant Species, which is always a continuous matter.
- Cleaning up of our Private Coastal Beachfront.