Responsible Tourism Partner
Oyster Bay Lodge is situated on a 235 hectare Coastal Reserve, which includes 3.5 kilometer of pristine private coastal beachfront. This picturesque setting of wind-drift dunes and woods is home to free roaming horses and other small wildlife.
As a 4-Star establishment, we feel that it is our responsibility to look after our piece of paradise as a gift from nature.
Actions taken at Oyster Bay Lodge
- Every year we become “greener” by changing geysers into solar geysers and we are in the planning phase of erecting our own solar farm.
- Financial, infrastructural and training support of the Living Waters Crèche and Klein Plaas Primary in our neighboring township.
- Hiring & training of locals to offer employment opportunities.
- Separation of glasses, plastics, papers, metals and deliver to a recycling plant.
- Staff stay on site in comfortable accommodation with a communal kitchen, television facilities, male & female have separate bathrooms.
- Staff are trained on a regular basis on in-service training with aspects of the hospitality industry.
- Staff have use of a clinic that comes every 2 weeks to do check-ups and necessary appointments.
- We are constantly working on the eradication of Alien Plant Species as part of our conservation and environmental responsibility .
- Cleaning up of our Private Coastal Beachfront.